A peppery tasting herb which produces oak shaped leaves that grow in bunches.
How to Grow Arugula
- Latin Name: Eruca sativa
- Days to Maturity: 40- 50
- Hardiness Zone: 3- 12
- Soil: Ph 6.0 to 7.0
- Temperature: Cooler
- Light Preference: Partial sun
- Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Space: 5'
- Row Spacing: 8'
- Pests/disease: Bacterial blight, Downy mildew, White rust
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 19,100 seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 76,400 seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 305,600 seeds
This plant requires moderate watering. While the flower is edible as well as the leaves you want to harvest them before they open to prevent reseeding or, you may choose to leave the flower to reseed for future harvesting. Continuous harvesting of young leaves helps to stimulate growth in the plant.