This pumpkin says it all in its name " Giant". This is the worlds largest pumpkin variety with the largest one ever recorded at 980 lbs. This variety is great for fall fairs, competitions,, decorations, and if you are feeling really adventures then carving.
How to Grow Atlantic Giant Pumpkins
- Latin Name: Cucurbita maxima
- Days to Maturity: 120-130
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Soil: Rich, well drained
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1"
- Plant Space: 8'
- Row Spacing: 25'
- Pests/disease: Cucumber beetles, mildew, squash bugs
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 96 Seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 384 Seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 1,530 Seeds
This being one of the largest pumpkin varieties means it needs a large amount of space to cultivate. It is important that you provide good ventilation for the fruits so they can grow evenly and reduce the risk of rotting. Pumpkin varieties do not tolerate frost well so it is important to plant when weather warm and frost has past. Ones fruits have begun to mature it is best to only leave 1-2 fruits per vine as their size and weight can reduce growth of any more then this number.