This adorable small white variety of pumpkin is known as the Casper Pumpkin. This is due to its white coloring and smaller than average size. This pumpkin can be used for cooking and baking as well as decoration or a painting project.
How to Grow Casper Pumpkins
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Days to Maturity: 110-115
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Soil: Warm, well drained
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1-1 1/2"
- Plant Space: 36"
- Row Spacing: 12"
- Pests/disease: Mildew, squash bugs
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 150 Seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 660 Seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 4,400 Seeds
This variety does not tolerate cold temperatures well thus making the best time to plant after frost which is typically mid spring when the weather is warming up. Pumpkins of all varieties require heavy watering but don't require them as frequently. Warmer soil will encourage faster growth and produce a higher crop yield. Ventilation is extremely important with this variety of pumpkin.