This blushing pink radish is known as the China Rose. With its exterior being a lovely pink while its interior is a sleek white. This variety has a pungent radish flavor making it a perfect addition to any salad or meal if you are looking for a zestier flavor or to add some color to your plate.
How to Grow China Rose Radish
- Latin Name: Raphanus sativus
- Days to Maturity: 55-60
- Hardiness Zone: 1-13
- Soil: Well fertilized; moist
- Temperature: Cooler
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: 1/4
- Plant Space: 1"
- Row Spacing: 2-3"
- Pests/disease: High resistance
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 3,100 Seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 14,00 Seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 46,400 Seeds
This unique variety of radish is very tolerant to the colder temperatures. It does best when planted in early spring or late summer. This variety can be grown all year long which makes it hardier plant. Radishes grow well with companion vegetables such as lettuce, peas, or beans. It is important with this type of radish to harvest promptly once plant has reached full maturity.