A sweet, richly flavored green cabbage which prefers warmer weather and partial to full sun. This early Cabbage variety has great size, wonderful flavor, and holds up the longest without splitting.
How to Grow Copenhagen Market Cabbage
- Latin Name: Brassica oleracea var. capitata
- Days to Maturity: 65-75
- Hardiness Zone: 3-12
- Soil: Ph 6 to 7.5
- Temperature: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: 1/4- 1/2"
- Plant Space: 1 1/2"
- Row Space: 2"
- Pests/disease: Aphids & Cabbage root maggots
- Seeds Per Package:
- 1 oz - Approximately 6,800 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 27,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 108,000 Seeds
This cabbage is ready for harvest as soon as it feels firm and has reached a good size. This is usually at around 65 days. Small cabbages tend to be more tender, while large cabbages from fall growth keep well over the winter.