Crimson Sweet is an heirloom watermelon with a dark red, fine textured flesh. The fruits can weigh up to 25 pounds and are a beautiful light green color with dark green stripes. An excellent choice with visual appeal and amazing flavor.
How to Grow Crimson Sweet Watermelon
- Latin Name: Citrullus lanatus
- Days to Maturity: 80-95
- Hardiness Zone: 5-10
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1"
- Plant Space: 3'
- Row Spacing: 3-5'
- Pests/disease: Resistant to anthracnose and fusarium wilt
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 665 seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 2,665 seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 10,660 seeds
Watermelons need rich soil, sun and lots of space to grow. Once fruit begins to grow on the vines the plant will only require watering if the soil dries out completely. Watermelons are ready to harvest when the small tendril nearest the fruit turns brown and dries out.