This beautiful onion plant produces around 5-9 inches of tall white stalks. The variety of onion can be grown for its tasty roots but also for its flavorful tops. This onion is a great addition to any salad or as a seasoning to a meal
How to Grow Evergreen Bunching Onion
- Latin Name: Allium fistulosum
- Days to Maturity: 65-120
- Hardiness Zone: 5-9
- Soil: Well drained, well fertilized
- Temperature: Cooler
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: 1/4- 1/2"
- Plant Space: 2"
- Row Spacing: 2-3"
- Pests/disease: Onion Maggots
- Seed Count:
- 1oz- Approximately 7,200 seeds
- 4oz- Approximately 27,000 seeds
- 1lb- Approximately 113,000 seeds
For best results keep the soil moist until the beginning of germination which will usually begin around 7-10 days. This is a fast and easy to grow green whether it be by seed, transplant, or division. Best to be planted late summer or early autumn for the fastest maturation. Increasing sulfur levels within the soil can increase pungency of the flavor of the onion.