Forest Green Parsley is a popular choice for curled parsley. This variety of parsley is heat and drought tolerant. It's non-bitter flavor and finely cut, and curled leaves make it great for both cooking and garnishing dishes.
How to Grow Forest Green Parsley
- Latin Name: Petroselinum crispum
- Days to Maturity: 70- 75
- Hardiness Zone: 3- 12
- Soil: Moist, 60+ degrees
- Temperature: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Space: 6"
- Row Spacing: 12"
- Pests/disease: Repels Asparagus beetle
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz.- Approximately 18,000 Seeds
- 4 oz.- Approximately 72,000 Seeds
- 1 lb.- Approximately 288,000 Seeds
Forest Green Parsley is a hardy variety which handles heat, drought and frost well. The long sturdy stems keep the leaves clean and off the ground. A great companion plant, it's strong scent repels asparagus beetles and other pests and attracts various beneficial insects. Once the plant is established you may harvest as needed.