Gardener's Delight Cherry tomatoes produce long trusses with clusters of 6-12, small, red, crack-resistant, bright-red fruit. This indeterminate variety requires more heat and time to mature but their old-fashion flavor make them worth the effort.
How to Grow Gardeners Delight Tomatoes
- Latin Name: Solanum lycopersicum
- Days to Maturity: 65-80
- Hardiness Zone: 3-11
- Soil Temperature: 70-85 degrees
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Space: 2'
- Row Spacing: 2'-4'
- Pests/disease: Rot, Birds
- Seed Count:
- 1oz- Approximately 12,000 Seeds
- 4oz- Approximately 48,000 Seeds
- 1lb- Approximately 192,000 Seeds
Tomatoes require rich, loose soil and even watering. While vine ripened tomatoes will have the best flavor, all tomatoes should be harvested before the first frost, even the green ones as they will eventually ripen if kept indoors and out of the direct sun light.