Produces a mild tasting, semi sweet green lettuce.
How to Grow Green Oakleaf Lettuce
- Latin Name: Lactuca sativa
- Days to Maturity: 55- 65
- Hardiness Zone: 3- 9
- Soil: moist, well drained
- Temperature: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: 1/8'
- Plant Space: 1'
- Row Spacing: 18'
- Pests/disease: Aphids, slugs, and small green caterpillars, and fungi
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 25,000 seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 100,000 seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 400,000 seeds
Keep soil moist but not overly saturated. Oak leaf tolerates cold well. Do not overcrowd the plants as it will cause the lettuce to take on a bitter taste. Harvest at approximately 40 days.