This beautiful round heirloom was bred for everyone's favorite activity during the Halloween season, pumpkin carving. This deep orange pumpkin was bred to create the best possible Jack O' lanterns. Not only is it great for carving it also can be used to make incredible pies and soups.
How to Grow Jack O' Lantern Pumpkins
- Latin Name: Cucurbita maxima
- Days to Maturity: 105-115
- Hardiness Zone: 3-12
- Soil: fertile, warm
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Space: 5'
- Row Spacing: 10-12"
- Pests/disease: Squash bugs; rot
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 185 Seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 730 Seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 3,320 Seeds
This medium to large sized pumpkin variety is well known for its common use during the favored Halloween activity of pumpkin carving. While it is a hardier variety it is frost sensitive and must be planted during precise times to avoid frost bite and ensure the best possible germination rate. It is best to plant 2-4 weeks before the last frost of the season, early to mid spring. Avoid bruising or suffocation of the fruits to avoid rot.