Premier Kale is a high yielding, slow bolting variety which produces smooth green leaves that can grow up to a foot long.
How to Grow Premier Kale
- Latin Name: Brassica oleracea
- Days to Maturity: 50- 60
- Hardiness Zone: All
- Soil: Ph 6.5- 6.8, Moist, rich, well draining soil
- Temperature: Cool
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Space: 8"
- Row Spacing: 36"
- Pests/disease: Deer, cabbage worms, slugs, grasshoppers and aphids
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz - Approximately 8,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 32,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 128,000 Seeds
Premier Kale likes moist soil, so be sure to water during hot and/or dry spells. Kale tolerates both hot and cold weather very well. For repeat harvesting remove the leaves only, once they reach the desired size. You may also choose to harvest the whole plant by cutting near the base of the stalk