A sweet and tender carrot with a small core. An abundant producer that is frost tolerant. Great for bunching. At harvest this will produce roughly 6 inch carrots.
Growing Nantes Carrots
- Latin Name: Daucus carota subsp. Sativus
- Days to Maturity: 70
- Hardiness Zone: 3-9
- Soil: Ph 5.5- 6.8, sandy
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Space: 1"
- Row Space: 6"
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz - Approximately 18,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 72,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 288,000 Seeds
The Nantes carrot produce blunt cylindrical seven inch roots that are sweet, tender and coreless. They are ready for harvest in approximately 70 days. This garden crop does best in sandy, well-drained soil.