Pruden's Purple is an indeterminate variety of tomato. The plant produces lovely semi-flat fruit with crack resistant dark pink skin and juicy red flesh containing few seeds.
How to Grow Pruden's Purple Tomatoes
- Latin Name: Solanum lycopersicum
- Days to Maturity: 70-85
- Hardiness Zone: 2-8
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: 1/4-1/2"
- Plant Space: 3'
- Row Spacing: 3'-4'
- Seed Count:
- 1oz- Approximately 11,300 Seeds
- 4oz- Approximately 45,200 Seeds
- 1lb- Approximately 180,800 Seeds
Tomatoes require rich, loose soil and even watering. While vine ripened tomatoes will have the best flavor, all tomatoes should be harvested before the first frost, even the green ones as they will eventually ripen if kept indoors and out of the direct sun light.