This stunning variety of radish has a colorful purple exterior, thus giving itself its name the Purple Plum. This variety has a very strong spicy flavor making it great for adding color and flavor to any meal.
How to Grow Purple Plum Radish
- Latin Name: Raphanus sativus
- Days to Maturity: 22-28
- Hardiness Zone: 3-12
- Soil: Well drained
- Temperature: Cooler
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: ½"
- Plant Space: 1"
- Row Spacing: 8-12"
- Pests/disease: Flea beetles
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 3,625 seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 12,760 seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 53,400 seeds
The Purple Plum Radish is best to be planted during the cooler times of year such as in early Spring and late Summer. Plant in lightly tilled soil and continue to keep moist throughout growth for best yield. This a hardy and adaptable variety of radish making it a great choice for anyone to grow.