Purple Vienna Kohlrabi has dark green leaves with a beautiful purple stalk and bulb. The bulb has a mild tasting greenish-white flesh which can be eaten fresh or cooked.
How to Grow Purple Vienna Kohlrabi
- Latin Name: Brassica oleracea
- Days to Maturity: 60
- Hardiness Zone: 3- 12
- Soil: Moist, rich, 50< degrees
- Temperature: Cooler
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Space: 6"
- Row Spacing: 18"
- Pests/disease: Aphids, maggots
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz.- Approximately 9,000 Seeds
- 4 oz.- Approximately 36,000 Seeds
- 1 lb.- Approximately 144,000 Seeds
Purple Vienna bulbs tend to become fibrous as they mature, so harvest once they reach approximately 2 inches in diameter or at about 50 days.