Queensland Blue are a well known Australian variety of medium sized pumpkin with a unique grey-blue skin and a sweet orange flesh, well suited for baking.
How to Grow Queensland Blue Pumpkin
- Latin Name: Cucurbita maxima
- Days to Maturity: 115
- Hardiness Zone: 3- 12
- Soil ph: 6.0 to 6.8
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Space: 8'
- Row Spacing: 10'
- Pests/disease: Cucumber beetles, Squash bugs, Vine borers
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 190 Seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 760 Seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 3,400 Seeds
Keep the plants consistently watered but avoid getting the leaves wet as this can cause rot. Your pumpkins are ready to harvest once the stems begin to dry and turn brown. When removing the pumpkin from the vine be sure to leave 2 to 3 inches of stem attached to the pumpkin.