Red Russian Kale with it tender, mildly sweet flavor and it's frosty green leaves with purple veins and purple stalks is a beautiful addition to any garden.
How to Grow Red Russian Kale
- Latin Name: Brassica napus pabularia
- Days to Maturity: 50- 60
- Hardiness Zone: ALL
- Soil: Ph 6.5- 6.8, rich, moist
- Temperature: Cool
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Space: 18"
- Row Spacing: 2'
- Pests/disease: Aphids; cabbage worms, slugs, grasshoppers
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz - Approximately 8,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 32,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 128,000 Seeds
Kale prefers cool weather and gets sweeter with frost. Harvest may begin once the leaves reach the desired size. Kale must overwinter before it will produce seeds.