This leafy mustard green has beautiful green and maroon leaves that have hardy serrated edges. This plant has a sweet , light, yet pungent flavor to it making it great for stir- fries, soups , and salads. It is also a great way to add a lush pop of color to whatever you are cooking up.
How to Grow Ruby Streaks Mustard
- Latin Name: Brassica juncea
- Days to Maturity: 21-40
- Hardiness Zone: 3-7
- Soil: Well drained, moist soil
- Temperature: Cooler
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Space: 2"
- Row Spacing: 18"
- Pests/disease: Flea beetles and slugs
- Seed Count:
- 1oz- Approximately 15,850 seeds
- 4oz- Approximately 59,400 seeds
- 1lb- Approximately 234,000 seeds
Sow the seeds between late summer and early fall for the best possible results. This plant is mature at around roughly 40 days but can be sowed at around 21 days if you are wanting baby greens. This leafy green has a life span typically 3 years. Quick germination can be expected when grown in cooler temperatures and proper soil requirements.