This pea is of the bush vine variety and grows fast and furiously. By the time it reaches full maturity the plant is covered in tightly packed little pods. This pea has a light but sweet flavor and a crunchy texture. Great for eating right off the bush or pairing with a variety of meals.
How to Grow Sugar Daddy Peas
- Latin Name: Pisum sativum
- Days to Maturity: 60-65
- Hardiness Zone: 4-9
- Soil: moist: well drained, loose
- Temperature: Cooler
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1"
- Plant Space: 2"
- Row Spacing: 18"
- Pests/disease: Pea leaf roll virus
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 135 Seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 540 Seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 2,400 Seeds
This variety of pea is best to be grown in cooler weather to receive the optimum flavor from the pods. It is important to keep weeds clear of the pea plant as the peas require large amounts of water and the weeds deplete that water source. Soil nutrient additives may also be used to increase crop yield.