Sweet white corn is a great addition to any garden. It's sweet flavor and plump white kernels make it perfect for eating.
How to Grow Sweet White Corn
- Latin Name: Zea mays convar
- Day to Maturity: 85- 90
- Hardiness Zone: 4- 8
- Soil: Ph 6 to 7, 70< degrees
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1-2"
- Plant Space: 12"
- Row Space: 24"
- Pests/disease: Corn borer, Corn ear worm, Blight, Rust, Smut
- Seed count:
- 1oz.- Approximately 200 seeds
- 4oz.- Approximately 800 seeds
- 1lb.- Approximately 16,000 seeds
Soil should be watered evenly and deeply. Soil temperature is vital. Wait for the soil temp to reach a minimum of 70 degrees. Corn requires ample amounts of nitrogen during the vegetative state. Harvest when kernels are full and milky white and ear silks begin to dry and brown.