Sweetie tomatoes are an indeterminate cherry tomato variety with a very high sugar content. The sweetness of these 1 ounce fruit will make them a favorite addition to any meal.
How to Grow Sweetie Tomatoes
- Latin Name: Solanum lycopersicum
- Days to Maturity: 70-90
- Hardiness Zone: 3-12
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1/4-1/2"
- Plant Space: 2-4'
- Row Spacing: 2'-5'
- Pests/disease: Rot, Birds
- Seed Count:
- 1oz- Approximately 10,000 Seeds
- 4oz- Approximately 40,000 Seeds
- 1lb- Approximately 160,000 Seeds
Tomatoes require rich, loose soil and even watering. While vine ripened tomatoes will have the best flavor, all tomatoes should be harvested before the first frost, even the green ones as they will eventually ripen if kept indoors and out of the direct sun light.