Viroflay is considered the giant among spinach varieties and very high yielding. Its huge green leaves are flavorful and tender.
How to Grow Viroflay Spinach
- Latin Name: Spinacia oleracea
- Days to Maturity: 25- 50
- Hardiness Zone: 3- 9
- Soil: 6 to 6.5
- Temperature: Cooler
- Light Preference: Full Sun or Partial Shade
- Depth: ½"
- Plant Spacing: 3'
- Row Spacing: 18"
- Pests/Diseases: Anthracnose, Downy Mildew, Fusarium wilt, White rust
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz.- Approximately 2,400 Seeds
- 4 oz.- Approximately 9,600 Seeds
- 1 lb.- Approximately 40,300 Seeds
Prior to planting, soak the seeds for a couple hours in warm water.
Harvest leaves as they reach the desired size.