Chioggia is a sweet beet also known as the candy cane beet due to the unique coloring of the inner root. It grows best in warm temperatures in full sun or partial shade. The plant is mature and ready for harvest at approximately 55 days.
How to Grow Chioggia Beets
- Latin Name: beta vulgaris
- Days to Maturity: 55
- Hardiness Zone: 3-10
- Planting Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Spacing: 1"
- Row Spacing: 12"
- Growth Habit: Upright
- Soil Preference: 65 to 75 degrees, 6 to 7.5 ph
- Temp Preference: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Pests/diseases: Beet scab resistant
- Seeds Per Package:
- 4 oz - Approximately 5,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 20,000 Seeds