Marjoram is a green, bushy, compact herb plant with a strong but sweet oregano-like smell.
How to Grow Marjoram
- Latin Name: Origanum majorana
- Days to Maturity: 85- 90
- Hardiness Zone: 9- 11
- Soil: moist, light
- Temperature: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Space: 6"
- Row Spacing: 18"
- Pests/disease: Aphids, cutworms, mealybugs, and thrips
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz - Approximately 125,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 500,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 2,000,600 Seeds
Marjoram requires approximately 1 inch of water per week while in the growing season. Keep the growing area free of weeds as they are in direct competition for water and nutrients.