Baby Roma tomatoes are 3 ounce red tomatoes that grow on a compact vine. They are great for canning, pastes and sauces.
How to Grow Baby Roma Tomato
- Latin Name: Lycopersicon esculentum
- Days to Maturity: 78
- Hardiness Zone: 3-12
- Soil ph: 6.0 to 6.8
- Temperature: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/disease: Many Roma tomatoes are resistant to early blight, fusarium and verticillium wilt
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 10,000 seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 40,000 seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 160,000 seeds
Tomatoes are ready for harvest when the skin begins to soften just slightly. Use scissors if the tomato does not come off the vine easily. All tomatoes should be harvested before the frost comes. While vine ripened tomatoes have the best flavor, all harvested tomatoes will ripen with time, even the green ones.