Early Prolific Straight Neck are a summer squash variety which reach 8 inches long and have a uniformly bright yellow skin.
How to Grow Early Prolific Straight Neck Squash
- Latin Name: Cucurbita pepo
- Days to Maturity: 52
- Hardiness Zone: 3- 12
- Soil ph: 5.8 to 6.8
- Temperature: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: ½"
- Plant Spacing: 8'
- Row Spacing: 10'
- Pests/Diseases: Cucumber beetles, Squash bugs, and Vine borers. Powdery and Downy Mildew, Bacterial wilt and Phytophthora
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz.- Approximately 325 Seeds
- 4 oz.- Approximately 1,300 Seeds
- 1 lb.- Approximately 5,200 Seeds
Once the squash begin to reach maturity you will want to harvest daily. They are best picked once they have reached between 4 and 8 inches in length.