This green Romaine lettuce can produce leaves over a foot long.
How to Grow Green Romaine Lettuce
- Latin Name: Lactuca sativa
- Days to Maturity: 55
- Hardiness Zone: 4- 9
- Soil: Moist, well drained, 35<75 degrees
- Temperature: Cooler
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: 1/4"
- Plant Space: 8"
- Pests/disease: Anthracnose, downy mildew, fusarium wilt, gray mould, bottom rot, powdery mildew, septoria leaf spot, pythium wilt and leaf blight
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz.- Approximately 28,125 Seeds
- 4 oz.- Approximately 112,500 Seeds
- 1 lb.- Approximately 450,000 Seeds
Lettuce that is overcrowded will acquire a bitter taste so give your plants plenty of space. Harvest leaves once they reach the desired size or harvest the entire plant once it reaches maturity at approximately 55 days.