Pink Banana Jumbo is an oblong shaped squash which is approximately 6 to 8 inches in diameter with an extra sweet orange flesh on the inside and a thick pale pink skin. Great for pies!
How to Grow Jumbo Pink Banana Squash
- Latin Name: Cucurbita maxima
- Days to Maturity: 100
- Hardiness Zone: All
- Soil ph: 6.0 to 7.0
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full Sun
- Depth: 1"
- Plant Spacing: 24"
- Row Spacing: 6'
- Pests/Diseases: Cucumber beetles, Squash bugs, Vine borers
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz.- Approximately 130 Seeds
- 4 oz.- Approximately 520 Seeds
- 1 lb.- Approximately 2,040 Seeds
If you plan to eat your Pink Banana Jumbo squash then you will want to harvest them before they reach 30 inches in length. If you have plans to use it in a more crafty or decorative manner or if it's the seeds you're after, then allow it to reach its max potential which is close to 48 inches long and a whopping 75 pounds!