Lacinato Kale has attractive blue-green leaves with a deep wrinkled texture which grow up from the central stem.
How to Grow Kale Lacinato
- Latin Name: Brassica oleracea
- Days to Maturity: 65
- Hardiness Zone: 3- 12
- Soil: Rich, moist, well draining soil
- Temperature: Cool
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Depth: 1/2"
- Plant Space: 18"
- Row Spacing: 2-3'
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz.- Approximately 7,500 Seeds
- 4 oz.- Approximately 30,000 Seeds
- 1 lb.- Approximately 120,000 Seeds
Kale sweetens after a frost and tolerates cold very well. Kale must overwinter before it will produce seeds. Harvesting the leaves can begin once the leaves reach the desired size. Kale sould not be watered after the first frost.