Mildly sweet, crisp, green lettuce. This variety produces a small, compact head of lettuce roughly the size of your palm.
How to Grow Little Gem Lettuce
- Latin Name: Lactuca sativa
- Days to Maturity: 70
- Hardiness Zone: 3- 9
- Soil: moist, well drained
- Temperature: Warmer
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: 1/8"
- Plant Space: 1"
- Row Spacing: 18"
- Pests/disease: Aphids, Powdery and Downy Mildew, slugs, and snails
- Seed Count:
- 1 oz- Approximately 25,000 Seeds
- 4 oz- Approximately 100,000 Seeds
- 1 lb- Approximately 400,000 Seeds
Be sure to keep soil moist but do not over saturate. Overcrowding of plants will cause the lettuce to acquire a bitter taste. Harvest when they have reached approximately 4 inches in diameter and 6 inches tall.