Martian Giant is a semi-determinate variety of tomato which produces lovely red fruit on a compact yet bushy plant which offers good cover from the scalding sun. A high yielding variety of tomato, this plant produces a well balanced, mild flavored fruit which can grow to weigh nearly a pound!
How to Grow Martian Giant Tomatoes
- Latin Name: Solanum lycopersicum
- Days to Maturity: 90-110
- Hardiness Zone: 2-8
- Temperature: Warm
- Light Preference: Full sun or partial shade
- Depth: 1/4-1/2"
- Plant Space: 4'
- Row Spacing: 4'-6'
- Pests/disease: Flea beetles and tomato hornworms /Early and late blight
- Seed Count:
- 1oz- Approximately 10,500 Seeds
- 4oz- Approximately 42,000 Seeds
- 1lb- Approximately 168,000 Seeds
Tomatoes require rich, loose soil and even watering. While vine ripened tomatoes will have the best flavor, all tomatoes should be harvested before the first frost, even the green ones as they will eventually ripen if kept indoors and out of the direct sun light.