A popular green, stringless celery with a fresh, crunchy, intense flavor.
How to Grow Utah Celery
- Latin Name: Apium graveolens
- Days to Maturity: 100
- Hardiness Zone: 8- 10
- Soil: Rich, loamy
- Temperature: Cooler
- Light Preference: Full sun
- Pests/ disease: Downy & Powdery Mildew, Earlu & late blight, Pink rot and Fusarium yellows
- Seed count:
- 1 oz - Approximately 70,000 Seeds
- 4 oz - Approximately 280,000 Seeds
- 1 lb - Approximately 1,120,000 Seeds
Celery plants require a ton of water and nutrients throughout the growing season. Makes sure the top six inches or so is full of nutrients as the roots are fairly shallow.